Sodium In Natural Foods
The sodium content of fresh, whole foods is naturally very low. Not only are they low in sodium, they are also high in potassium to help maintain that delicate sodium/potassium balance. This balance helps regulate our cellular metabolism, and prevents water retention in our cells that damages the fibrous mesh of the skin and contributes to the development of cellulite.
Health dangers of excess salt...
Let's take a look at the amount of sodium in the most common vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, and grains. All foods listed below are in grams:
- Health dangers of excess salt
- Sodium in natural foods
- Retraining your taste buds
- The Dirty Dozen: What they are & why you should avoid them
- What are processed and refined foods
- Additives & chemicals in our food
- Get off the diet merry-go-round
- Healthy food choices for children
- Healthy food choices for pets
- The FDA: Failure to protect our food on a mass scale
- Food pyramids & food politics